Information we collect
The information we collect on our website includes the following:
- Information you submit. We collect information you submit directly via email when you click on our website link for “email@example.com.”
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information. When you view content provided by Calico, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include: Internet protocol address; device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Cookies and Local Storage: We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website, and this may include sending one or more cookies or randomly generated identifiers to your device. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features may not function properly without cookies. We may also collect and store information using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML5) and application data caches.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from our website to develop, provide, maintain, protect, and improve our products and services, and to protect Calico and our users.
When you contact Calico, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our products or services, such as upcoming changes or improvements.
We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, some website features may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Calico unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Calico when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information relating to sensitive personal information (i.e., confidential medical facts, racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs, or sexuality).
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Calico if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- — meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- — detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- — protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Calico, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about general public interest in our company.